Tai Chi For Children (ages 7-14 year olds)
New Course stage 1 starts Friday 26th February 2021 9:30am contact to book
Join our online Zoom classes to learn a Chinese form of martial art and gain a sense of well being. Ideal for Home educators!
Easy to follow moves and sequences that can help you focus, become stronger, cope with stress, learn to relax whilst having fun!.
The price is oer household and includes a link to re watch the class during the week with the whole family.
Plus - Everyone receive Certificate of achievement on completion of each stage
Stage 1 Course - Tai Chi Qigong for beginners
Stage 2 Course - Building further on moves
Stage 3 course - Complete the Tai Chi form
Each course is 4 weeks long at a cost of £24 per household (one log in per household) paid in advance. Once completed a course you can repeat the same stage or move on to the next.
My student & daughter Caitlin was featured in 'The Week Junior"
Info for Parents - Benefits For the Children
There is significant evidence that Tai Chi brings the following benefits:
- improve attitude to learning
- increase pupil development
- engage disaffected students
- address discipline and poor behaviour
- make children relaxed and calm
- develop concentration and focus, which has been linked to improvement in exam performance
- address learning difficulties
- help students with dyslexia, dyspraxia, ADHD and ADD
- improve literacy
- build self confidence and self-esteem
- improve health and counter health issues in childhood obesity normally associated with mature age
Info for Parents - Benefits in Education
Tai Chi meets the following parts of the current Government's Vision for education:
- Securing the wellbeing and health of young people - Dr Paul Lam’s Tai Chi for Health programs cater for people with diabetes, arthritis, back pain, and osteoporosis (all can be caused by childhood obescity). Tai Chi has been proven to improve asthma, combat stress and depression.
- Safeguarding the Young and vulnerable
- Tai Chi has been found to be good for mental health
- Achieving World Class Standards in Education – Tai Chi research has found improvements in attitude to learning and literacy, improving behaviour and help students with dyspraxia and dyslexia.
- Closing the gap in educational achievement for children from disadvantaged backgrounds – Tai Chi research has shown to improve performance in examinations and has been used in the United States to engage disaffected students.
- Keeping young people on the path to success – With the feeling of success that Tai Chi brings students can begin to realise that anything is possible.